The ILO Jakarta Office and the National Disability Commission (KND) jointly organize a launching event of the study, that aims to raise awareness on the importance of improving the ecosystem for decent employment for persons with disabilities, engage policy makers and other stakeholders to synergize on follow up actions and sign commitment between the ILO and KND in working together in realizing decent employment for persons with disabilities.
In 2017, the ILO produced a report “Mapping persons with disabilities (PWD) in Indonesia labour market”, prepared by the Institute for Economic and Community Research (LPEM), Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, based on the 2016 National Labour Force Survey (SAKERNAS). The report attempts to map the conditions of persons with disabilities in the Indonesian labour market, particularly in relation to the socioeconomic conditions of persons with disabilities, the characteristics of persons with disabilities employed, and the distribution of wages for persons with disabilities which also includes various definitions of disability, different sources of data on the number of persons with disabilities and the legal and regulatory basis for employment of persons with disabilities.
Joint the event
- Dante Rigmalia, Head of National Disability Commission (KND)
- Angkie Yudistia, Presidential Special Staff
- Michiko Miyamoto, Country Director of the ILO in Indonesia and Timor-Leste
- Eka Pratama W., Commissioner of the National Disability Commission (KND)
- Tendy Gunawan, Programme Officer for Equal Employment Opportunity, ILO Jakarta
- Muhammad Hilal Huda Fadhlullah, Roemah Difabel Semarang
- Nora Kartika Setyaningrum, Director of Domestic Manpower Placement, Ministry of Manpower
- Dr Himawan Estu Bagijo, Head of Provincial Manpower Office of East Java
- Representative of Indonesian Employers' Association (Apindo)
Jaleswari Pramodhawardhani, Deputy IV, Presidential Staff Office
Jonna Damanik, Commissioner of National Disability Commission (KND)