AT a glancePartners
Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and HRD, Ministry of Planning, Development & Reforms; Poverty Alleviation Division, Provincial Planning & Development and Labour Departments; Employers' and Workers' Organizations; Academia; civil society organizations
United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA)
International Labour Organization (ILO)
Cambodia, Pakistan and Global
Project objectivesThe main objective of the project is three folds:
- Strengthen the capacity of the government in Cambodia and Pakistan to formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate national social security schemes.
- Awareness-raising at the global level as well as for the sharing of knowledge and the development of practical guidance for the governance of social security systems.
- Bridge the gap in developing a comprehensive overview of the best practices, tools and communication mechanisms for the good governance in the social protection systems and floors.
- Assist the country to develop a coordination mechanism for social security schemes at the national level and in one province.
- Support the Government of Pakistan in the design of at least one universal social protection scheme, based on a variety of good practices.
- Organize regional study tour of main stakeholders to two Asian countries, including China, to learn how different social security schemes are effectively coordinated.
- Support Pakistan to create a nation-wide social security database with information initially collected from the existing social security schemes and the consolidated results accessible by all schemes.
- Organize capacity building on data collection and compilation as well as on reporting on SDG 1.3, enforcement of compliance, and on coordination.
- Assist the Government to enforce the level of compliance of enterprises with social security legislations in support of the development of a coordination mechanism, unified social security database and a higher-level of compliance.
- Conduct awareness raising and education campaigns on social protection rights and obligations targeting workers and employers' organizations and their members.
- Enhanced capacity of the national entities responsible for social protection in Pakistan to coordinate the existing social security and protection schemes.
- Enhanced capacity of stakeholders to monitor and evaluate the impact of social protection schemes through use of data and analysis.
- Enhanced regional and global cooperation and sharing of good practices on social protection.
- Enhanced capacities of social partners to enable them to participate in national dialogue on social protection.