BackgroundIn June 2021, ILO SCORE organized the English version of the gender equality online Master Class with more than 150 participants. We received a lot of positive feedback from participants:
This course was an eye-opening experience for me and thank you very much for organizing it. We are planning to send our HR and Production team to attend the 2nd course in fall."Nguyen Minh Giang, Sustainability Manager – Biti’s
Thank ILO SCORE team for organizing an excellent course! I enjoyed it very much and learned a lot from experiences sharing of both speakers and participants."Huyen Dang, Rule of Law and Human Rights Analyst – UNDP
Thank you for the great work of the ILO SCORE team for having run the great course."Phany Sok, Social Sustainability Responsible of H&M Cambodia
Why gender equality mattersThe business case for diversity in the workplace is now overwhelming. McKinsey’s Delivering through Diversity report found corporations that embrace gender diversity were more competitive and 21 per cent more likely to experience above-average profitability. They also had a 27 per cent likelihood of outperforming their peers on longer-term value creation.
Forward-thinking organizations should be looking for ways to employ and empower more women at work – not just as a moral obligation, but also as a sound business strategy. Different perspectives on customer needs, product improvements and company wellbeing fuel a better business.
Gain the skills to lead and manage change for greater gender equality in your workplace through the ILO Gender Equality Master Class. Over three weeks, you’ll develop a holistic understanding of what gender equality means for the modern business, and learn how certain initiatives can be executed to improve business performance. Further develop your leadership competencies, and foster inclusivity to drive organizational value with insights from thought leaders.
What to expect from this master classThis course is designed for individuals/organizations interested to apply HR strategies aligned with international best practices. Managers, supervisors, HR staff, ESG analysts, recruiters and consultants will gain practical skills for fostering inclusivity in teams and companies. Participants will learn how to harness practical HR and leadership tools, communication strategies and metrics, and benefit from networking with a cohort of like-minded peers.
The course’s learning outcomes have broad application across various industries, including corporates, government, non-profits, and the wider public sector.
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- Expert-led insights into how to achieve greater gender equality and inclusion in your workplace.
- Practical actions to advance gender equality you can apply immediately.
- ILO certificate upon attendance of at least four of six sessions and completion of the final assignment.
- Session 1: Introduction to Gender equality - The business case for gender equality and introduction to key concepts. Date: Tuesday, 12 October, 3:30 PM Viet Nam time
- Session 2: Voice equality - How to make meetings and leadership more inclusive and effective. Date: Thursday, 14 October, 3:30 PM Viet Nam time
- Session 3: Inclusive hiring and equal pay – Review your hiring process, conduct bias-free interviews & understand the gender pay gaps. Date: Tuesday, 19 October, 3:30 PM Viet Nam time
- Session 4: Work climate - Address sexual harassment through effective policy and complaint processes & ensure occupational safety and health for all staff. Date: Thursday, 21 October, 3:30 PM Viet Nam time
- Session 5: Work-life balance - Create a modern workplace through flexible work, parental leave and child care. Date: Tuesday, 26 October, 3:30 PM Viet Nam time
- Session 6: Taking action - Make gender equality an organizational priority through action planning. Date: 28 October, 3:30 PM Viet Nam time
RegistrationPlease follow this link to register.
Please click here for detailed agenda of this workshop.