GAIN Webinar Series
GAIN Webinar 3: Country ownership and development of Green Jobs Assessment Models
This session introduces GAIN’s role in building capacity through facilitating the development of country-owned Green Jobs Assessment Models. The session also presents the methodology used and the expected outcomes by presenting two of the latest country-specific green jobs reports.
November 28, Wednesday | 11:30 am – 12:30 am (CET, GMT+1)Reports presented:
- NCAER and ILO (2018). Assessment and Model of Green Jobs Potential in India.
- GWS and ILO (2018). Green Jobs in Tunisia: Measuring Methods and Model Results.
- How can countries benefit from GAIN’s role in facilitating the development of country-specific and country-owned Green Jobs Assessment Models (GJAM)?
- What is the methodology proposed by GAIN and the expected outcomes of using such GJAM? How can these be adapted to different country needs, interests and data limitations?
- In the case of India and Tunisia, how can these GJAM guide (green) policies towards a just transition?
- Massimiliano La Marca (ILO), Senior Economist, ILO-MULTILATERALS Department.
- Ulrike Lehr (GWS), Senior Expert, Institute of Economic Structures Research.
- Anushree Sinha (NCAER), Senior Fellow, National Council of Applied Economic Research.