|Download the discussion guide in Excel format, fill-in and then send to email@example.com|
Tip: the discussion should first establish the factual basis and then consider the actual implementation of the respective policies and actions.
- What is the size and importance of the rural economy in your country in terms of population, employment, poverty levels, GDP and export earnings?
- Does the national programming framework include sections or chapters on rural development/employment/economy?
- Does the programming framework address the Issue of rural-urban inequality and of rural-urban migration?
- Does the programming framework include measures to raise rural productivity and earnings, and to facilitate access to markets, to new technologies and to financial services?
- Does the programming framework foresee specific measures to boost off-farm employment and livelihoods in rural areas?
- Do strategies exist to extend social protection coverage to rural areas, including to subsistence farmers?
- Do the national and/or sectoral workers’ and employers’ federations reach out to rural producers and workers, and include them in social dialogue mechanisms?
- Did your country ratify the International Labour Standards most relevant to the rural economy, and does the country apply these standards in practice?