Employers' organizations and business membership organizations (BMOs)
- Increased representation and financial sustainability so that these organizations can be the effective voice for the private sector;
- Improved governance and management structures and membership management in response to changing policy environments;
- Improved mix of high-quality and relevant services that better respond to membership needs;
- Strengthened analytical capacity for evidence-based policy advocacy in order to promote a conducive business environment and contribute to national economic and social development; and
- Enhanced capacity to provide leadership for the business community on economic, social and environmental issues and to participate effectively in social dialogue.
Workers' organizationsStrengthened capacity of workers’organizations to:
- organize new members and develop well-functioning organizations that respond to their members' needs;
- influence policy agendas on workers' rights and working conditions; and
- promote and use international labour standards at all levels to uphold workers' rights and promote decent work as a key driver of sustainable development.
|10 Strong and representative employers' and workers' organizations
Related Thematic Areas