As decided by the Governing Body at its 337th session in October-November 2019, the sixth meeting of the SRM TWG, which had to be postponed for one year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, took place virtually from 13 to 18 September 2021. During its meeting, the SRM TWG undertook a review of five instruments concerning social security (unemployment benefits, comprehensive sectoral standards and medical care and sickness benefits). It also examined the follow-up to be taken to five further instruments falling within that subject area and previously determined to be outdated.
Preparatory documentsA series of preparatory documents was prepared to facilitate discussions at this meeting. The first group of documents concern the SRM TWG’s review of the five instruments concerning social security (unemployment benefits, comprehensive sectoral standards and medical care and sickness benefits), and the examination of the follow-up to the five outdated instruments falling within the subject areas. The second group are supporting documents concerning the SRM TWG’s internal work plan, the implementation of previous SRM TWG recommendations, and arrangements for the seventh meeting.
Other background informationThe following presentations are best viewed in Chrome:
- You will find here an introduction to the sixth meeting of the SRM TWG
- An introduction to the roles of the Organization in the work of the SRM TWG
- A timeline of the SRM TWG
- An introduction to classification of instruments
- A summary of the achievements of the SRM TWG between 2015-2021
Organization and Planning
- Draft agenda
- List of participants
- Brief on operating the online platform Zoom for remote participation in the Sixth Meeting of the SRM TWG (13-18 September 2021)