Oslo, Norway, 8-11 April 2013The European Regional Meeting of the ILO brings together Government, Employer and Worker representatives of the 51 countries of the region every four years.
Organized in collaboration with the Government of the Kingdom of Norway, the European Regional Meeting provided an opportunity for tripartite representatives of the 51 countries of the European and Central Asian Region to share their experiences and to discuss the response to the economic and jobs crisis in the region, looking at levels of social protection, social dialogue and the application of labour law.
Reporting from the meeting
The Oslo Declaration
Government, worker and employer delegates from Europe and Central Asia adopted a resolution to help countries affected by the crisis to overcome its negative economic, social and political consequences and restore trust in the region.
Coverage of the meeting
- Photo gallery
- ILO Director-General urges closer cooperation between IMF, EC and ILO
- Crisis puts European social model to serious test
- Jobs for youth: What works
- Guy Ryder's remarks at the panel discussion on: "How to tackle the consequences of the financial crisis?"
- ILO Director-General's opening remarks at the ILO's 9th European Regional meeting
Report of the ILO's Director-General
For optimal reading on your mobile, tablet or desktop, the report is available in EPUB, MOBI and PDF
Analysis of the challenges facing the crisis-hit region of Europe and Central Asia and policy recommendations for sustainable and job-centred recovery.
- Discussion papers for the high-level & thematic panels
- Youth guarantees: A response to the youth employment crisis?
Resources for delegates
- Invitation letters
- Final list of delegations
- Composition of delegations and presentation of credentials
- Form for credentials
- Information note
- Rules for regional meetings
- Duty-free import
- Gardermoen Airport Express coach
- Torp Airport bus and train
- Rygge Airport transport