The Procurement Bureau falls under the Treasurer and Financial Comptroller. The mission of this service is to:
- define, establish and disseminate procurement policies, guidelines and procedures in accordance with ILO financial regulations and rules;
- coordinate and execute major and strategic procurement processes, purchasing of goods, equipment and works and contracting of services;
- provide cost effective procurement and timely delivery of goods etc and services contracted in support of the ILO’s regular budget and extra-budgetary funded programmes and projects;
- provide training and advice in support of the decentralized procurement activities of the office;
- ensure, through monitoring, reporting and audit, that financial and procurement policies, rules and procedures are respected and applied;
- oversee and approve donations, transfers and write-offs of inventory items.