The recommendations covered a number of themes including the:
- development of an evidence-based annual labour inspection plan;
- creation of a more integrated system of databases;
- strengthening of procedures for notifying workplace accidents and cases of occupational diseases;
- decentralization of services provided by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security;
- importance of maintaining the current number of labour inspectors; and the
- possibility of exploring with workers' and employers' organizations the reactivation of the National Consultation Council on labour inspection.
Following the presentation, Labour Ministry officials worked on crafting a general outline for a work plan to strengthen the country's labour inspection system, including actions to be taken for improving the statistical information systems of the labour inspectorate.