On the recommendation of its Officers, the Governing Body reappointed, for a period of three years, the following members of the Committee of Experts on the Application of Conventions and Recommendations:
– Mr Brudney (United States);
– Mr Cheadle (South Africa);
– Ms Machulskaya (Russian Federation);
– Ms Monaghan (United Kingdom);
– Ms Owens (Australia);
– Mr Shah (India).
(Document GB.323/INS/13, paragraph 1.)
In order to fill three of the four current vacancies, on the recommendation of its Officers, the Governing Body appointed the following persons as members of the Committee for a period of three years:
– Professor Shinichi Ago (Japan);
– Professor Lia Athanassiou (Greece);
– Professor Bernd Waas (Germany).
(Document GB.323/INS/13, paragraph 2.)
Invitation of international non-governmental organizations
On the recommendation of its Officers, the Governing Body authorized the Director-General to invite the following international non-governmental organizations to be represented at the Meeting as observers:
– East African Trade Union Confederation (EATUC);
– East and Central African Social Security Association (ECASSA);
– Femmes Africa Solidarité (FAS);
– General Union of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture for Arab Countries (GUCCIAAC);
– HelpAge International;
– International Confederation of Arab Trade Unions (ICATU);
– International Social Security Association (ISSA);
– New Faces New Voices (NFNV);
– Southern African Trade Union Coordination Council (SATUCC);
– UNI Global Union.
(Document GB.323/INS/13, paragraph 6.)
Appointment of Governing Body representatives on various bodies
Sectoral Meeting on Safety and Health in the Road Transport Sector (Geneva, 12–16 October 2015)
The name of the Government member appointed as the Governing Body’s representative, who will also chair the above Meeting, will be announced in due course.