Youth Employment Forum: Call for applications for Young Journalists/Bloggers
The International Labour Organization (ILO) will offer five young journalists/bloggers the opportunity to promote and cover the Youth Employment Forum, which will take place in Geneva from 23 to 25 May 2012.
The selected journalists/bloggers will be invited to attend the ILO Youth Employment Forum, providing them with a unique opportunity to hear individual stories from over 100 young women and men from around the world who are active in the promotion of decent work for youth.
The Youth Employment Forum will serve as a platform for young people to voice their views on the current youth employment situation and to share ideas on what can be done to provide more and better jobs for their generation.
Young journalists/bloggers will support the coverage of the Forum through social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and blogs), articles, interviews and other relevant mediums. They will also report back to their regional and local communities, networks and organizations.
Criteria for Selection
- Must be below 30 years of age,
- Have journalism (online, print, photo, video, radio) and/or blogging experience,
- Have working knowledge of English, French and/or Spanish. Knowledge of another of the official United Nations languages (Arabic, Chinese and Russian) is also an asset.
The selection panel of the ILO Youth Employment Programme encourages young journalists/bloggers who meet the criteria to enter the competition. The panel will seek to have a balanced representation of entries from different sexes, regions and language groups.
Required documents for the selection process
- A CV
- A brief cover letter explaining why you would like to participate
- Two or three online articles, videos, etc. prepared by you, illustrating your journalism experience
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject “I am a young journalist / blogger”
Air travel and accommodation expenses for the selected young journalists/bloggers will be covered by the ILO.
The deadline for submission of applications is 18 April 2012 at 12:00 PM EST.