The European Commission, the Korea Labor Institute and the International Labour Organization invite you to a “EU-Korea Policy dialogue on the future of work” organized as part of the EU funded project “Building partnerships on the future of work”.
This project is being undertaken by the ILO and the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission and aims at developing new evidence around some specific and understudied future of work themes.
The objective of this online dialogue is to bring together experts and stakeholders to discuss various future of work-related topics, including youth and older workers’ transitions, digitalization and new working arrangements.
The meeting will take place over two days on Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 February (8:30 – 12:00 Geneva time/ 16:30 – 20:00 Seoul time) via Zoom.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event.
Preliminary agenda (Geneva time)Day 1 – February 8, 2022: Transitions throughout the life course
Chair: Sangheon Lee, ILO, Director, Employment Policy Department
08h30 – 08h50: Welcome speeches
- Seng Hi Park, Deputy Minister, Planning and Coordination Office, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Republic of Korea
- Jordi Curell, Director - Labour Mobility and International Affairs, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
- Yoo Bin Kim, Korea Labor Institute, Research Fellow
- Massimiliano Mascherini, Eurofound, Head of unit ad interim for Social Policies - Presentation
- Seungho Lee, Korea Labor Institute, Research Fellow - Presentation
- Dorothea Schmidt-Klau, ILO, Employment Policy Department - Presentation
- Song Yee Kim, Deputy Director of Division for Youth Employment Planning, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Republic of Korea
- Bu Hee Kim, Director, Division for Human Resource Policy in Aged Society, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Republic of Korea
- Pirkko Pyorala, European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, Unit B1 - Presentation
- Jeonghee Lee, Director, Policy department, Korean Confederation of Trade Unions
- Rebekah Smith, Deputy Director, Social Affairs Department, Business Europe
- Akustina Morni, Senior Adviser for Asia-Pacific, International Organisation of Employers
- Other panellists to be confirmed
Day 2 – February 9: Digitalization and new technologies
Chair: Jeseong Park, Korea Labor Institute, Head of International Cooperation & Information Office
08h30 – 09h10: Research finding (1): Digital platforms and the world of work: challenges and opportunities
- Jongjin Kim, Korea Labour & Society Institute, senior research fellow - Presentation
- Uma Rani, ILO, Research Department, Senior Researcher - Presentation
- Yeon Jeong Son, Korea Labor Institute, Research Fellow - Presentation
- Enrique Fernandez-Macias, EU Joint Research Centre, Senior researcher - Presentation
- Sang Yoon Park, Head of Task Force for Digital Labor Response, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Republic of Korea
- Sang Im Lee, Director of Division for Employment Culture Improvement, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Republic of Korea
- Petra Pirklova, European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, Unit B1- Presentation
- Moonju Chung, Director, Policy department, Federation of Korean Trade Unions
- Jungwoo Chang, Director, Labour Policy Department, Korea Enterprises Federation
- Ludovic Voet, Confederal Secretary, European Trade Union Confederation
- Other panelists to be confirmed
11h40 – 12h10: Closing Statement and the way forward
- Martha Newton, Deputy Director-General for Policy, ILO
- Deok Soon Hwang, President of the Korea Labor Institute, Republic of Korea
- Maria Castillo-Fernandez, EU Ambassador to Korea