Rapid Market Assessment – Bolivia
Two paths towards export and business formalization (in spanish)
A Rapid Market Assessment of the sectors of Andean Grains and tourism in Bolivia
Short descriptionAs part of the extension of the SCORE project in Bolivia, the Lab team, in collaboration with the formalization specialist of the SME Unit, SCORE Bolivia and external consultants, conducted a Rapid Market Assessment (RMA) with a focus on Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the department of La Paz and in sectors with export and business formalization potential.
The assessment is divided into two sections. The first part of the document presents the results of the scoping phase of the Bolivian market that allowed to identify and select two relevant and viable sectors in La Paz: the agribusiness sector with a focus on Andean grains and the tourism sector. In the second section, these two sectors are further analysed, their market systems are mapped out, and some of the underlying problems inhibiting the performance and growth of the SMEs are identified.
The assessment also highlights potential interventions areas to address these constraints and stimulate inclusive growth in the SMEs, generating more and better jobs in each sector.
- Accelerating tourism’s impact on jobs
- Market System Analysis - Restaurants and catering in Mozambique
- Market systems analysis - Tourism in Kyrgyzstan
- Market systems analysis - Tourism in Myanmar
- Market System Analysis - Construction sector in Africa
- Rapid market assessment - Hospitality for youth employment in Tanzania
- Rapid market assessment - Tourism in Vietnam
- Market systems analysis - Tourism in Mexico (in Spanish)
- Value chain analysis in Peru's quinoa sector (in Spanish)