|Abandonment ID:|| 00214|
|Nombre del buque:||RED DUCHESS[Inactive]|
|Puerto de abandono:||Bolnes, Rotterdam, the Netherlands|
|Fecha de abandono:||23 Octubre 2014|
|Fecha de notificación:||24 Octubre 2014|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF)|
|No. de marinos:||6|
|Circunstancias:||Food for 1 day, fresh water and fuel almost finished.|
Delivery of the food was arranged via charity organization.
|Estado de la repatriación:||Repatriation pending|
|Estado del pago:||Payment Pending|
Captain didn't receive wages for 4 months, other crew joined beginning this month, but no cash was paid to them.
|Comentarios y observaciones:||Países Bajos (10 Noviembre 2014)|
The Dutch Gov't verified that the complaints procedure based upon the MLC has not been lodged neither by the seafarers on board nor by another party on behalf of the seafarers
Panamá (10 Noviembre 2014)
Panamian Adminstration reported that currently had been taken, such as;
- the vessel is currently resricted to carry out any legal procedure related to change of owner or cancellation from the Registry,
- Legal Representatives of the vessel have been contacted and requested to assist with the owner's responsibilities,
- contact has been made with ship operators (NMS Ship Management) and a full report of he situation has been requested,
- ship operator has informed the Administration that on 11th November 2014, they will be traveling to Rotterdam to pay the salaries corresponding to the month of October, provide the crew contracts and solve the other problems, including food provisions
Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF) (18 Noviembre 2014)
ITF reported that;
- The owner made a partial payment to the crew and has since been unreachable.
- The vessel remains under arrest and likely to be auctioned in January.
- However, due to the age and condition of the vessel, it is not expected that there will be sufficient funds to pay the crew.
- ITF has agreed to fund the repatriation of 5 crew members who are without means to pay for themselves.
- ITF inspector has been in contact with the Panamanian consul and representatives of the flag States, but thus far this has not resulted in the solution for crew.
Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF) (21 Noviembre 2014)
With the help of the ITF, the crews flew back to Panama on 21st November 2014.
Panamá (25 Noviembre 2014)
The Panama Maritime Authority informed that it has authorized the disbursement of the money for the ITF reimbursement for the purchase of tickets for the repatriation of the crew of M/V RED DUCHESS.
Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF) (25 Noviembre 2016)
The case is closed but the seafarers have not received all outstanding wages.
Panamá (3 Mayo 2017)
The vessel was cancelled from our registry after five crewmembers were repatriated by the flag state. The crewmember who submitted the complaint to the Panama Maritime Authority confirmed that he had received his salaries payment.
Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF) (7 Diciembre 2017)
No further update expected.
Panamá (31 Diciembre 2020)
According to the Database, on November 25, 2016, ITF indicated "The case is closed but the seafarers have not received all outstanding wages." Vessel was cancelled from the Panama Registry through the Resolution No.106-CA-03-DGMM of February 26, 2016. Based on the above, under International Law once the vessel was cancelled from our registry, Panama lost his exclusive jurisdiction over such vessel, as per Article 92(1) and 92 of UNCLOS.
Additionally, on December 07, 2017, ITF indicated "No further update expected".
Panamá (24 Febrero 2021)
From Panama Maritime Authority
This vessel was cancelled from the Panama Registry, through Resolution No. 106-CA-03-DGMM of February 26, 2016. According to IHS webpage (Sea-web), currently the Flag is Unkown.
Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF)
ITF tried to call the company several times but no answer, e-mail sent to company and flag state, till now no answer.