|Abandonment ID:|| 00718|
|Ship name:||Gas Leader[resolved]|
|7-digit IMO no.:||9114581|
|Port of abandonment:||Currently en-route to Assaluyeh, Iran|
|Abandonment date:||1 September 2022|
|Notification date:||13 December 2022|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||ITF|
|No. of Seafarers:||24|
|Nationalities:||Azerbaijan(1); India(3); Philippines(3); Ukraine(17)|
|Circumstances:||P&I : Ingosstrakh in Russia|
Type : LPG Tanker
1 seafarer has complained that he is owed 3 months wages.
This vessel is from the same principal in UAE as the Gas Vision, Danuta I, Captain Nikolas, Niba and Sona, all of which have been reported as abandonments. The seafarer has confirmed that all the crew is behind 3 months: July, August, and September.
Also, the seafarer needs to be repatriated and he has already requested but no action has been taken.
12th December the seafarer has been repatriated and his wages paid however there are still outstanding wages for October and November for all the crew.
|Actions taken:||8 October 2022: Flag State informed|
Owners, Flag administration, P&I and manning agent have all been contacted.
|Repatriation status:||13 December 2022: Repatriation pending|
3 seafarers want to be repatriated that we are aware of but only came from one of them as the rest are to scared to complain.
|Payment status:||13 December 2022: Payment Pending|
US$30,686 as at 7th October 2022 for one seafarer but the entire crew hasn’t been paid so approx. $200,000 US.
The outstanding original amount has been settled however the crew still haven’t received October and November.
|Comments and Observations:||ITF (13 December 2022)|
Last July 2021 we had to intervene as well for the same reasons. This is a recurrence for this vessel and for the company with their fleet
Govt. of Panama (17 January 2023)
Pending update by ITF on the status of this abandonment case. and inform ILO accordingly.
Govt. of Panama (25 January 2023)
In response to the labor complaint filed against the vessel “GAS LEADER”, with IMO No. 9114581, you will find the lasted communications:
1. Through email dated October 11, 2022, reiterates October 18, 2022, PMA sent 1st Communication addressed to Owners, Operator and/ or Local Resident Agent, communicating the labour complaint filed against the vessel, and requesting the measures taken to correct such deficiencies.
2. We requested on October 18, 2022, the activation of the Financial Security with INGOSSTRAKH INSURANCE COMPANY.
3. This Administration has imposed an administrative restriction over the vessel.
4. Through Email dated October 19, 2022, P&I Club provided evidence of payments, and information received from shipowners indicating:
“…CO was paid July to September to his bank account and October in cash , Ukrainians full in cash…”
5. Through Email dated November 02, 2022, P&I Club provided evidence of payments, and information received from shipowners indicating:
“…Please be noted that a while ago owners paid those who wanted bank transfers for July & august
Attached the slips for your reference ( also for Filipinos same for JUlY & August it was remitted to their agency as well ) Once the agency receives and distributes to accounts they will send us they pay slips
For those who want to be paid in cash and declared same they will only be paid as mentioned earlier upon vessel’s return to persian gulf ,oiwners will supply cash and we will send you the statements …”
6. Through Email dated December 30, 2022, P&I Club provided evidence of payments, and information received from shipowners indicating:
“…Please find attached files with wages slips towards the months of September and October of 2022 ,as remitted a while ago
For November we are waiting from owners …”
7. Through Email dated December 30, 2022, P&I Club provided evidence of payments, and information received from shipowners indicating:
“…Please find attached files with payment slips towards the crew wages of November & December of 2022 ( Filipino wages were transferred as per payment slips to their agency ) along with full and final settlement for the pending off signers …”
8. On January 16, 2022, ITF Inspector indicated: “…Yes everything seems correct and we are up to date with payments for the crew. …”
The previous comments confirm that this abandonment case has been resolved. We appreciate that our comments are include in the IMO/ILO Database, and that the necessary confirmations are made to update the status of this case.
ITF (14 March 2023)
Seafarers received their outstanding wages.