|Abandonment ID:|| 00711|
|Ship name:||Goldy Seven[resolved]|
|Flag:||Antigua & Barbuda|
|7-digit IMO no.:||9135731|
|Port of abandonment:||Papendrecht, Netherlands|
|Abandonment date:||14 November 2022|
|Notification date:||4 December 2022|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||ITF|
|No. of Seafarers:||4|
|Circumstances:||P&I : Thomas Miller|
Type : General Cargo
There are 3 crew members on board and 1 superintendent.
The ch.eng is not paid for 3,5 months, the master & ch.off not paid for 1,5 month.
Two persons who are reportedly saying that they are the owners are in a court battle regarding the ownership of the vessel.
Vessel is arrested by one of the owners.
Vessel is detained by PSC because of unpaid wages and missing documents.
Lack of provisions
|Actions taken:||14 November 2022: Flag State informed|
Contacted the flag state and p&i club. In first instance the
p&i club wrote that the insurance was terminated but after many email between flagstate and p&i club, they (p&i) sent a surveyor on board.
On 29th November all documentation which was gathered by the surveyor was sent to Thomas Miller.
ITF is supplying provisions
|Repatriation status:||4 December 2022: Repatriation pending|
Crew are awaiting repatriation
|Payment status:||4 December 2022: Payment Pending|
|Comments and Observations:||Govt. of Netherlands (16 December 2022)|
After receiving the latest information of PSC, I can inform you as follow on behalf of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management of the Netherlands:
- The Goldy Seven has been shifted from Papendrecht to Dutch Harbour (‘s-Gravendeel) on 8 December 2022. Dutch Harbour is a lay-up harbour in the area of Rotterdam.
- The Goldy Seven has gone into cold lay-up. Crew of Goldy Seven has demonstrated employees of Dutch Harbour the working of several items on board.
- The Goldy Seven is unmanned since 8 December 2022; according to ITF all Croatian crew will be returned home as of 9 December 2022.
- The Classification Organisation has suspended certificates.
- With respect to outstanding wages of the crew, no information is available.
ITF (7 March 2023)
Crew advised that they received their outstanding wages via the P&I club. They also received the flight tickets and have been successfully repatriated.