|Abandonment ID:|| 00194|
|Ship name:||[SS Veles - resolved]|
|7-digit IMO no.:||7721392|
|Port of abandonment:||Rio Tuba, Palawan, Philippines|
|Abandonment date:||17 March 2013|
|Notification date:||24 March 2013|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||ITF|
|No. of Seafarers:||17|
|Nationalities:||Russian Federation(9); India(8); Ukraine(1)|
|Circumstances:||Vessel abandoned by Russian owners after PSC detained vessel due to expired minimum safe manning documents.|
- Communication with Russian Embassy done, and Russian crew repatriated with Russian Embassy intervention.
- Communication / coordination with Indian Embassy resulted in local Indian community in Rio Tuba, Palawan visiting the vessel and providing aid for the Indian crew. Coordination continuing in order to secure repatriation for the Indian crew
- Sending mobile phone credits for Indian crew to communicate with Indian Embassy
- Communication / coordination with ITF Maritime Operations, Inspectors
Flag State informed
- Cordination by Phillpines PSC
- Communication with flag state tried but no action from Tuvau because the registration expired even before the PSC detention
9 Russian crewss and 1 Ukraine crew were repatriated.
|Payment status:||Payment Pending|
Indian crew claims 6 months unpaid wages as of May 2013. Russian crew repatriated with no remuneration, only promise of payment. No information received on possible actual remuneration to Russian crew after repatriation.
|Comments and Observations:||ITF (16 December 2016)|
Indian crew remain on board and were visited by representative of 2 prospects buyers. However, unfornately, a sale did not materialze. ITF have reiterated the advice to Indian Embassy to facilitate the repatriation of the crews, because the continued stay of Indian crew on the vessel looks useless. According to Indian crew report, 2 Russian owner's representative are on board and ashorement of the time.