Oceanic Wisdom [resolved]
|Abandonment ID:|| 00603|
|Nom du navire:||Oceanic Wisdom [resolved] |
|No. OMI (7 chiffres):||9149378|
|Port d'abandon:||Bandar Abbas, Iran|
|Date d'abandon:||1 novembre 2021|
|Date de notification:||31 décembre 2021|
|Gouvernement ou entité rapportante:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF)|
|Nombre de marins:||3|
|Nationalités:||Bangladesh; Chine; Indonésie|
Vessel detained by Iranian Authorities at the port of Bandar Abbas for the past two months. Crew wages owed 4 months. Three Indonesian crew already completed their contractual periods of employment, two of them have been on board for more than twelve months.
|Actions entreprises:||29 décembre 2021: L'Etat du Pavillon à été informé|
Email sent to Company and Flag State.
|Situation concernant le rapatriement:||En attente de rapatriement|
|Paiement des salaires:||En attente de paiement|
Not yet established.
|Commentaires et observations:||Fed. int. des ouvriers du transport (ITF) (31 décembre 2021)|
To date, we have not any response whatsoever from the Company, the P&I Club, or the Flag State.
Gouv. de Panama (21 janvier 2022)
Regarding the labor complaint filed against vessel “OCEANIC WISDOM”, with IMO No. 9149378, please be advised that this complaint was presented in the Maritime Labor Affairs Department of the Panama Maritime Authority by the ITF on December 29, 2021, and we have proceeded according the regular procedure, looking to obtain a prompt clarification and solution of the situation denounced.
We have contacted the Registered Owner, Operators and Local Resident Agents, regarding the labour complaint filed, and their response has been cooperative at all times with this Administration.
Among the most important communications, are the following:
1. Through Email dated January 05, 2022, the PMA sent 1st Communication addressed to Owners, Operator and/ or Local Resident Agent, communicating the labour complaint filed against the vessel, and requesting the measures taken to correct such deficiencies.
2. Through Email dated January 05, 2022, we requested the activation of the Financial Security with P&I Club, duly based in the communication received from ITF.
3. Through email dated January 06, 2022, the company provided the following documents:
• Document named ¨Confirmation & Agreement¨ dated January 04, 2022, establishes:
¨...Hereby all crew´s on board M.V. Oceanic Wisdom are confirmation and agreement as follows
• The crew´s salary already paid by company´s account transferred to crew´s self account. There´s no claim for salary disputes. ...
• Regard Repatriation all crew´s agreement will cooperate with office to conduct crew change during bunker at port FUJAIRAH, UAE. …”
• M.V. OCEANIC WISDOM Crew Change Plan
• Crewmembers payment confirmation, paid on 01 September 2021.
• Crewmembers payment confirmation, paid on 30 September 2021.
• Crewmembers payment confirmation, paid on 04 November 2021.
• Crewmembers payment confirmation, paid on 10 December 2021.
• Crewmembers' payment confirmation, paid on 05 January 2022.
4. Through email dated January 07, 2022, ITF indicated that the Crew have now been paid up to date and it has been agreed that all those that completed their contracts of employment are be repatriated from Fujairah.
5. Through email dated January 11, 2022, the company indicated that crewmember who completed contract has been disembarked from OCEANIC WISDOM on 10. Jan. 2022 at Khorfakkan /UAE anchorage safely.
6. Through email dated January 13, 2022, ITF indicated that the only thing that now remains outstanding is payment of the final salary.
7. Through email dated January 18, 2022, the company respond that:
¨… Crew salary has been cleared till DEC.
Remaining salary will be cleared at end of Jan.2022 together with on board crew.
Shall inform you by the time.
Hope our comments could be included in the IMO-ILO Database of Abandonment of Seafarers.
Autre (24 janvier 2022)
The International Group of P&I Clubs has confirmed that the vessel isn't registered in their records.
Gouv. de Panama (8 février 2022)
In attention to the labor complaint filed against vessel “OCEANIC WISDOM”, with IMO No. 9149378, please be informed that this labour complaint has been resolved.
1. Through email dated February 01, 2022, the company provided evidence of the crewmembers' final payments paid on 28 January 2022.
2. Furthermore, the company clarified on February 07, 2022, to ITF inspector the payment of 3 Indonesian crewmembers, and provided the supportive evidence.
3. Finally, through email dated February 08, 2022, ITF indicated to the Maritime Labour Affairs Department the following:
“…This is to confirm that from our side, this matter is now considered solved and closed. …”