Welcome to NATLEX, database of national labour, social security and related human rights legislation:
- Over 100,000 records covering 196 countries and over 160 territories and subdivisions
- Records provide full texts or abstracts of legislation and citation information
- Records are indexed by subject classifications
- Records appears in only one of the three ILO official languages (English/French/Spanish)
- Full text of the law or a relevant electronic source is linked to the record
NATLEX has been awarded by the American Society of International Law the 2022 Jus Gentium Research Award for important contributions to providing and enhancing legal information resources in international law.
NATLEX contains more than 100,000 entries covering 196 countries as well as 160 territories, provinces or other sub-divisions. NATLEX is maintained by the ILO's International Labour Standards Department. All efforts are made to keep the database up-to-date. Nevertheless, some delays can occur between receiving information and updating the records, especially for countries not using one of the three ILO official languages. Users are encouraged to report any errors or omissions in NATLEX to firstname.lastname@example.org. Records and full texts in NATLEX are provided for information purposes only and are not intended to replace consultation of the authentic texts, where appropriate. For information purposes, NATLEX contains links to other websites; their inclusion in NATLEX does not signify responsibility for, or approval of, their content on the part of the ILO.
The technical development of NATLEX was undertaken with funding provided by the United States Department of Labor under grant number E-9-K-2-0074.