|Original name:||Is Kanunu ile Bazi Kanun ve Kanun Hukmunde Kararnamelerde Degisiklik Yapilmasi ile Bazi Alacaklarin Yeniden Yapilandirilmasina Dair Kanun.|
|Name:||Act No. 6552 dated 10.09.2014 to amend the Labour Act and some Acts and Decrees having force of Law and restructuring some public receivables.|
|Subject(s):||Labour codes, general labour and employment acts|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Published on:||Resmi Gazete, 2014-09-11, No. 29116
|Bibliography:||Resmi Gazete, 2014-09-11, No. 29116
Gazete in Turkish Turkey PDF in Turkish (consulted on 2014-12-02)
|Abstract/Citation:||It amends, inter alia, the following Acts:
- Labour Act No. 4857 of 22 May 2003: article 3 para 1: replaces the words "6working days" with "30 working days" and amends its sentence 5 (appeal to court decision); adds a new sentence to article 18 para 1 (seniority for underground workers); amends para 5 of article 36 (payment of subcontractors); adds a new para following para 8 of article 41 (extra-working hours for underground workers); adds a new sentence to para 4 of article 53 (additional 4 days paid leave for underground workers); adds a new para to article 56 (subcontractors); adds a new sentence to para 1 of article 63 (working hours of underground workers); adds paragraphs to article 112 (subcontractors).
- Act No. 6331 on Occupational Health and Safety dated 20 June 2012: adds a new point (e) to para 2 of article 2 (maritime transport); para 1 of article 6 (health services); para 2 of article 15 (occupational health reports); para 1 (b) of article 30 (occupational health and security).
- Act No. 6356 on Trade Unions and Collective Labour Agreement dated 18 October 2012: adds a new point (10) to article 26 (payment of premiums); para 1 and 2 of article 41 (percentages); adds an additional article 1 (quota).
- Act No. 4817 on work permits for foreigners dated 27 February 2003: article 6 (work permits).
- Act No. 4447 of 25 August 1999 establishing Unemployment Insurance: para 3 of article 46 (works under contract); adds a new sentence to para 3 of article 50 (court case).
- Social Security Institution Act No. 5502 dated 16 May 2006: para 1 of article 3 (educational activities); adds a point (ç) to para 1 of article 23 (education, research); adds a new article 25/B (duties of the education, research and development institution); adds a new para to article 28 (employment of experts); para 2 of article 29 (education, research and development institution); amends para (d) of para 1 of article 34 (use of incomes) and adds a new para (h) (incomes); adds a new para after para 4 of article 35 (protection of personal data of insured persons); amends article 36 (exemptions); amends annex 1 (education, research and development).
- Social Insurance and General Health Insurance Act No. 5510 of 31 May 2006: amends article 6 (international conventions on social security); replaces the number "55" by "50" of para 6 of article 28 and changes the word "invalid" by "heavy handicapped"; adds a new sentence to para 1 of article 40 (calculation of premiums, etc.); amends point (a) of para 1 of article 41 (calculation of payment of paid leaves for birth); adds a new sentence after first sentence of para 6 of article 61 (students); replaces the number "2" by "3" of point (e) of para 1 of article 63; amends para 1 (b) of article 64 (contracts, private health services); article 68 para 5 is amended (treatments); adds a new para to article 72 (medical researches); amends sentence 2 of para 10 of article 73 and adds a new para (payments); amends para 1 of article 82 (work abroad); adds a new point g) after para 21 of article 88 (declarations); changes the words "six months" with "twelve months" of para 4 article 97; adds a new para to article 103 (inspections); adds an additional article 9 (insurance of home services workers); adds new paragraphs after para 3 of article 41 (immovable properties of the institution); adds temporary articles 53 (income tests), 54 (registration of chamber of commerce, etc.), 55 (deadline for payment of debts), 56 (applications deadlines), 57 (payment of debts), 58 (statistics), 59 (payment of salaries to insured miners dead in the accident of Manisa on 13.5.2014) and temporary article 60 (reorganisation for the payment of debts).
-Labour Courts Act No. 5521 of 30 January 1950: it adds a new para to article 7 (application to social security institution before filling court case).