|Name:||Sultani Decree No. 61 of 2013 amending some provisions of the Social Security Law.|
|Subject(s):||Social security (general standards)|
|Type of legislation:||Regulation, Decree, Ordinance|
|Entry into force:|
|Published on:||Al-Jarida Al-Rasmiya, 2013-10-31, No. 1032
|Bibliography:||Al-Jarida Al-Rasmiya, 2013-10-31, No. 1032
Legislation online in Arabic Oman Legal Network, Oman PDF in Arabic (consulted on 2014-05-02)
|Abstract/Citation:||The amendments include:
- Increasing the accrual factor to calculate pension from 2.5 % to 3 % for each year of service.
- Raising the minimum pension from RO 150 to RO 202.5 per month. The maximum eligible pension from PASI will remain 80 % of the new salary (basic plus allowances).
- Increasing the minimum pension in cases of non-occupational disability or death from 40 % of the basic salary to 50 % of the basic salary plus allowances, whichever is greater.
- Increasing the amount of daily allowances in the case of work injuries from 75 % of the daily wage to 100 % of the daily wage for the first six months then 75 % for the next six months after which the case will be evaluated by the medical committee which will decide whether the worker can remain in his/her job and receive disability pension or continue receiving the daily allowances for a period it determines.
Moreover, the Sultani Decree increases all pensions - except pensions due to partial disability - by 5% provided that the said minimum is not less than RO 202.5 per month.
To finance these increase in benefits, the contribution rate has been increased by 3 % distributed as follows:
- 7% monthly contribution of the basic salary to be paid by the employee.
- 10.5% monthly contribution of the basic salary to be paid by the employer.
- The government will pay 5.5 % of the basic salary.
- The government contribution to the social insurance scheme will be reviewed after five years from the date this Sultani Decree comes into force.
Amends Sultani Decree No. 72 of 1991 concerning the Social Security Law.