|Original name:||Peraturan Presiden Tentang Komisi Nasional Anti Kekerasan Terhadap Perempuan|
|Name:||Presidential Regulation on the National Commission for Combating Violence Against Women (Presidential Regulation No. 65/2005).|
|Subject(s):||Elimination of forced labour|
|Type of legislation:||Regulation, Decree, Ordinance|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Legislation on-line in Indonesian National Commission of Violence Against Women, Indonesia PDF of Regulations in Indonesian (consulted on 2012-10-02)
|Abstract/Citation:||Implements Law No. 7/1984 on Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women as well as Law No. 5/1998 on Convention against Torture and Other Degrading Treatment or Punishment Cruel, inhuman, or Lowers Human Dignity. Establishes a Commission to combat violence against women.
Based on Presidential Regulation No. 65/2005, the aims of Komnas Perempuan are:
- To build a conducive environment for the elimination of all forms of violence against women and the fulfillment of women's rights in Indonesia,
- To increase efforts to prevent all forms of violence against women and to increase the protection of women's rights.
The Decree gives Komnas Perempuan the mandate to:
- increase awareness of all forms of violence against women, prevention efforts and the elimination of all forms of violence against women;
- conduct research on all rules, laws and international instruments relevant to the protection of women's rights;
- monitor (including the fact finding and documentation of violence against women and violations of women's rights)and to disseminate the results of monitoring activities to the general public and take action for the accountability and handling of cases of violence against women;
- provide recommendations to the government, legislative and judicial bodies, and civil organizations to support law and policy making that strengthens the prevention and elimination of all forms of violence against women, and the protection of women's rights;
- build regional and international partnerships in order to increase prevention efforts, the elimination of all forms of violence against women and the protection and fulfillment of women's rights.