|Original name:||Lov (Nr 42 av 2008) om forbud mot diskriminering på grunn av nedsatt funksjonsevne.|
|Name:||Anti-Discrimination and Accessibility Act (No. 42 of 2008).|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Act online in Norwegian Ministry of Children, Equality and Social Inclusion, Norsk Lovtidend, www.lovdata.no, Norway PDF in Norwegian (consulted on 2011-11-04)
Unofficial English Translation University of Oslo, Norway PDF (consulted on 2011-11-07)
|Abstract/Citation:||Introduces 19 articles to protect disabled persons from discrimination:
Article 1-2: Purpose and scope.
Article 3: Obligation to report and to be activated.
Article 4-5: Discrimination ban and affirmative action.
Article 6-8: Bans on harassment and retaliation.
Article 9-12: Regulation and accommodation of buildings, infrastructure, ICT etc to suit the needs of the disabled.
Article 13: Burden of proof.
Article 14: Employers duty to disclose information in labour contract cases
Article 15: The right of organisations to to represent parties in a labour dispute.
Article 16-17: Enforcement, claims and compensation.
Article 18-19: Entry into force and amendments to other acts.
Also amends the following Acts:
- Act (No. 107 of 1992) on municipalities and counties (kommuneloven).
- Act (No. 31 of 1997) on owner units (eierseksjonsloven).
- Act (No. 56 of 1998) relating to annual accounts (regnskapsloven).
- Act (No. 17 of 1999) relating to rental agreements (husleieloven).
- Act (No. 38 of 2003) relating to Cooperative Housing Associations (bustadbyggjelagslova).
- Act (No. 39 of 2003) relating to Housing Cooperatives (burettslagslova).