|Name:||Law No XII-2470 of 21 June 2016 "On Employment".|
|Subject(s):||Labour codes, general labour and employment acts; Employment policy, promotion of employment and employment services|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||legislation on-line Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, Lithuania PDF in Lithuanian (consulted on 2017-07-13)
legislation on-line Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, Lithuania PDF in English (consulted on 2017-07-13)
|Abstract/Citation:||Chapter I: General provisions
Chapter II: Employment forms and system thereof
Chapter III: Support for employment
Chapter IV: Illegal work, undeclared work, undeclared self-employment and violations of foreigners’ employment procedures
Chapter V: Liability and settlement of disputes over the implementation of employment support measures and the provision of labour market services
Chapter VI: Final provisions.
Repeals the previous Law on Employment; also Law No. X-694 "On Support for Employment".
Implements the following legal acts of the European Union:
1. Directive 2006/123/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 December 2006 on services in the internal market (OJ 2006 L 376, p. 36).
2. Council Directive 2009/50/EC of 25 May 2009 on the conditions of entry and residence of third-country nationals for the purposes of highly qualified employment (OJ 2009 L 155, p. 17).
3. Directive 2009/52/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 June 2009 providing for minimum sanctions and measures against employers of illegally staying third-country nationals (OJ 2009 L 168, p. 24).
4. Directive 2011/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 December 2011 on a single application procedure for a single permit for third-country nationals to reside and work in the territory of a Member State and on a common set of rights for third-country workers legally residing in a Member State (OJ 2011 L 343, p. 1).
5. Directive 2014/36/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the conditions of entry and stay of third-country nationals for the purpose of employment as seasonal workers (OJ 2014 L 94, p. 375).
6. Directive 2014/54/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 April 2014 on measures facilitating the exercise of rights conferred on workers in the context of freedom of movement for workers (OJ 2014 L 128, p. 8).