Facts & Figures
- As part of its Decent Work Agenda, the ILO ROAS promotes social dialogue through creating efficient labour market institutions as well as effective independent employers’ and workers’ organizations to enable strong engagement from all sides, in order to increase productivity, manage labour relations, and build cohesive societies.
- 13 Arab organisations are a part of the ILO’s International Organisation of Employers (IOE), which are representatives of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, and the United Arab Emirates.
- Throughout the biennium, the ILO has been working with employers around the Arab States to assure they play an active role in representing the private sector in tripartite and bipartite discussions through evidence based policy positions. In addition, the ILO has focused on ensuring these employers’ organisations have the capacity to provide adequate services to their memberships through training sessions on advocacy, lobbying, communications, governance and strategy.
- A total of 30 representatives from employers’ organisations have received ILO training on advocacy, lobbying and communications in two separate workshops in Oman and Jordan. The ILO has also carried out several capacity assessments of employers’ organizations across the Arab States to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses.
- The ILO Global Business and Disability Network gathered employers to share experiences on how to The ILO maintains and develops a system of international labour standards aimed at promoting opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive work in conditions of freedom, equity, security and dignity.
ILO and CBI sign MoU to boost decent working conditions for farm workers and improve export opportunities for SMEs to foreign markets
09 September 2020
01 May 2020
This report developed by the International Labour Organization Project Office for the State of Qatar provides insight into the strengths and gaps in the Wage Protection System from a number of perspectives, and puts forward actionable recommendations for its improvement.