ILO/China Partnership Programme on Strengthening Skills Development in Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic and Myanmar through South-South and Triangular Cooperation (SSTC)
This project aims to improve employability of workers and increase productivity of enterprises through better quality of employment services, skills development and institutional capacity building.
The Project focuses primarily on three areas:
- linking vocational training to current labour market needs as well as anticipating, greening the jobs;
- developing skills qualification and competences standards, curriculum through networking and shaping alliance between beneficiary countries, donor, ASEAN Member states etc.;
- promoting knowledge sharing on skills development, public employment services, greening jobs through South-South and Triangular Cooperation.
The Project will be implemented under the ILO-China South- South and Triangular Cooperation Framework. China’s support will combine the provisions of financial resources and a wide range of knowledge exchange initiatives based on experiences at both national and local levels. Core to this cooperation will be the technical assistance, advisory services and sharing of good practices. Together with the ILO’s expertise and drawing upon a large inventory of practical case studies from Asian and the Pacific Region and other regions, the Project aims to contribute to a more developed skills development and labour market to contribute to economic growth and social progress and advance with the current work under the ASEAN Regional Economic Integration agenda.
Enhance the quality of skills training and employment services delivered by the responsible ministry/agency and strengthen the client orientation of its network of vocational training institutions and job centres.
- Development of skills qualifications and competence standards
- Development of Curriculum for sectoral vocational training
- Setting up vocational training institutional network/alliance
- Promoting skills profile and skills competition in ASEAN and International arena
- Development of employment services tools to be utilized at job centres, including training on computer literacy and database management
- Development of communication package to the general public, employers’ organizations and trade unions on employment services and job centres
- Documentation and the sharing of good practices, using horizontal and triangular cooperation with China and member countries of the ASEAN Community
- Direct beneficiaries: skills and employment promotion Ministries/agencies, employers’ and workers’ organization.
- Ultimate beneficiaries: jobseekers, workers, employers, training providers.
Project stories of beneficiaries
- Better employment services benefit more people in Cambodia and Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Employment services: An entrepreneur in the making
- Employment services: A new career woman holds up family responsibility
- Employment services: Heartfelt service finds future engineer the right job
- Employment services: Better skills, better pay
- Employment services: A better job for a safer family
- Employment services: A job that reunited a family
- How employment services helped a tailor apprentice in pursuit of an education
- Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training (MOLVT)
- Cambodian Federation of Employers and Business Associations (CAMFEBA)
- Trade Unions
- Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (MOLSW)
- Lao National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LNCCI)
- Lao Federation of Trade Unions (LFTU)
- Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Population (MOLIP)
- Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI)
- Confederation of Trade Unions in Myanmar (CTUM)
Mr Yutong Liu
Project Manager and Coordinator
Tel : +66 2288 2107
Fax : +66 2280 1735
Ms Keovanlay Phanthavong
National Project Coordinator
ILO Vientiane Office
Mr Kimroeun Kouy
National Project Coordinator
ILO Joint Projects Office in Phnom Penh