ILO Solution ForumThe ILO Solution Forum, held on 20 November, was moderated by Mr. Peter Poschen, Director of the ILO Job Creation and Enterprise Development Department and Coordinator of the ILO Global Green Jobs Programme.
- Report of the ILO Solution Forum: Energy, Climate Change and Decent Work
- ILO Solution Forum: Concept Note
- Click here for photographs of the ILO Solution Forum.
- The Honourable Mr. Errol McLeod, Minister of Labour and Small and Micro Enterprise Development, Trinidad and Tobago
- Dr. Christo Marais, Chief, Directorate, National Resource Management, Department of Environmental Affairs, Republic of South Africa
- H.E. Ambassador Laercio Antonio Vinhas, Brazilian Mission to the International Atomic Energy Agency and the CTBTO in Vienna
- Mr. Brian Kohler, Director, Health, Safety and Sustainability – IndustriALL Global Union
- Mr. Jürgen Schwettmann, Director, Partnerships and Development Cooperation Department of the ILO.
The major topics discussed covered inclusive access to decent work, follow up to Rio+20, green jobs, social protection and the promotion of workers’ rights in the field of renewable energy and climate change. The presentations emphasized strategies to effectively link the three pillars of sustainable development recognised in the aftermath of Rio+20; namely, the economic, social and environmental.
The solutions showcased during the Forum highlighted the partnerships between countries of the Global South in terms of transfers of expertise and technology, and exchanges of information that can be utilized through South-South cooperation and bring about positively and profound changes in peoples’ lives.
- 2012 Forum Website
- ILO Newsletter No. 33: Global South-South Development Expo (E / F / S)
- Newsletter No. 30: South-South and triangular cooperation at the 2012 International Labour Conference
- South-South and triangular cooperation - The way forward: ILO strategy on South–South and triangular cooperation.
- South-South Cooperation at the ILO
Senior External Relations Specialist
South-South Cooperation and UN affairs
+41-79 593 1355