World Day 2010 events
World Day events will be held in some 50 countries across the world. Events around the world will involve governments, employers and workers, other UN organizations and non-governmental organisations, media events, awareness raising campaigns, cultural performances and other public events. See the Activities section on this page for more details.
In Geneva, the ILO will mark the World Day with a special panel discussion during the International Labour Conference, which will also launch a discussion on the ILO’s new Global Report “Accelerating action against child labour”.
An event allowing local schoolchildren in Geneva to mark the World Day, organised by the community organisation Le Respect, will be held in the Place des Nations at 1400.
For the full programme see the link on the top right side of this page.
- Message by ILO Director-General Juan Somavia for World Day against Child Labour 2010
- ILO says “go for the goal” of eliminating the worst forms of child labour by 2016
- ILO to issue new global report on child labour on eve of major conference in The Hague
- Global Conference on Child Labour
STATEMENTS OF SUPPORT
- Joint circular of the World Organization of the Scout Movement and ILO-IPEC
- UNIACC Statement supporting the World Day Against Child Labour