|Download the discussion guide in Excel format, fill-in and then send to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Tip: the discussion should first establish the factual basis and then consider the actual implementation of the respective policies and actions.
- Did the government of your country take measures to analyse the fiscal and economic affordability of a national social protection floor?
- Does government promote social protection mechanisms and schemes as a means of preventing and alleviating poverty?
- Does government explicitly promote the extension of social security coverage in the country?
- If so, do these strategies aim at building a basic floor of social protection?
- Do these strategies promote access to basic health care for all (both contributory and non-contributory systems)?
- Do they support family/child benefits to ensure that all children have access to nutrition, education and care?
- Do they support basic social assistance to all workers and their families in abject poverty or destitution?
- Do they support the provision of income security in case of old age?
- Do they support the provision of income security in case of invalidity or disability?
- Do they support the provision of income security in case of survivorship?
- Do they support informal means of social protection, especially when the poor have no access to formal social security systems?
- Are there adequate maternity, paternity and parental leave and benefits?