- Ensure that their own business operations and their supply chains are child labour free;
- Engage in community mobilization and awareness-raising campaigns among their members and within the communities where they operate;
- Provide guidance and community leadership, and contribute to the planning and delivery of health, educational and other basic social services in their communities;
- Promote livelihoods opportunities and the use of appropriate technologies as means of increasing income of their members;
- Provide collective voice and negotiation power for their members with the public authorities in securing a range of economic and social rights including services such as child care; and
- Stimulate decent youth employment opportunities through training and education programmes.