Among measures recommended that should be taken in or through the workplace to reduce HIV-transmission are:
- respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms;
- gender equality and the empowerment of women, as well as measures to prevent and prohibit violence and harassment in the workplace;
- active participation of both women and men in the response to HIV and AIDS ;
- involvement and empowerment of all workers regardless of their sexual orientation and whether or not they belong to a vulnerable group;
- protection of sexual and reproductive health and sexual and reproductive rights of women and men; and
- effective confidentiality of personal data, including medical data.
A booklet containing the text of Recommendation 200 is available on ILO/AIDS website