- A self-assessment tool for enterprises based on the Tripartite Declaration of Principles concerning Multinational Enterprises and Social Policy (MNE Declaration)
- The ILO MNE Declaration: What's in it for Workers?
Leaflets, handouts and presentations
- Summary of the Principles of the MNE Declaration
- Engaging MNEs on more and better jobs (Enterprises brief)
- Engaging the Private Sector on Decent Work - Business Operations and Investments
- Voices from national focal points for the promotion of the MNE Declaration
- Interview with the Director General for Employment at the Ministry of Employment and Social Protection of Côte d'Ivoire
- Labour issues in Responsible Business Conduct, September 2019
- Effective investment facilitation and sustainable development, June 2019
- Multinational enterprises, development and decent work: the approach of the ILO MNE Declaration, May 2019
The self-guided E-learning module Business and Decent Work: an introduction to the MNE Declaration provides an overview of the principles of the MNE Declaration and includes real cases of how they can be put into practice to address a range of labour and employment issues in different contexts. It also provides a description of how the MNE Declaration relates to other international instruments which can also guide business behaviour, such as the UN Business and Human Rights Framework and Guiding Principles, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, the UN Global Compact, and ISO 26000.
E-learning modules are available in English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese.
Direct assistance service
The ILO Helpdesk for Business gives advice on how to align business operations with principles of the MNE Declaration. It provides an individual assistance service to respond to specific questions and a web-site which features ILO tools and resources for business.
- The elimination of child labour and its root causes – the guidance offered by the ILO MNE Declaration
- Rethinking gender-responsive procurement: enabling an ecosystem for women's economic empowerment
- The linkages between international labour standards, the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and National Action Plans on Business and Human Rights
- COVID-19 and multinational enterprises: Impacts on FDI, trade and decent work in Asia and the Pacific
- Employers and workers negotiating measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, protect livelihoods and support recovery: A review of practice
- Restructuring for recovery and resilience in response to the COVID-19 crisis
- Multinational enterprises and inclusive development: Harnessing national social dialogue institutions to address the governance gap
- Multinational enterprises, development and decent work: An annotated bibliography on the application of the Tripartite Declaration of Principles concerning Multinational Enterprises and Social Policy